Monday, October 6, 2008

I Love This Weather!










The fall weather looks to be here finally, and I am loving it! Did something unusual for me today and left work exactly on time and headed for some trails. Brandon (thats him headed down the trail in the first pic) and I loaded up and were at the trailhead by 5:25. The light was beginning to fade, but ended in a great Arizona sunset. We get some great ones. It's amazing how each time I get out and ride, I say to myself; "why dont I do this more often?". Now that the weather is reasonable, maybe I'll get out more. The feeling of being out on the trail; just me, the bike, and good friends, is hard to beat. All the stress of work and life just fades away (or maybe gets pushed away by the strain and hard breathing!). We had the place to ourselves most of the time and saw no motorcycles, which was nice. The one other mountain biker we did meet wasn't having a great day. We met Danny on our way back. He had just demolished his new derailier on a knarly granite face (the boulders in the area are pretty cool). Like all the best outdoorsmen, Danny took his misfortune in good spirits. With a positive attitude that well exeplified the mountain biking world, he removed the broken part and his chain, and coasted/carved his way back down the trail. We thought that we'd get back way sooner than him, but his skills brought him back only shortly after us. My taking a wrong turn may have delayed our return to the truck slightly,but I was impressed by Dannys ability.

As the sun set, we loaded up and promised ourselves to get out more, now that the weather is more reasonable.

1 comment:

Zac said...

looks like you need a new derailuer! try the shimano xt or xtr shadow rear derailuer. the hide behind your frame so they dont get ripped off by rocks or tree rootsike the sram. and are very affordable.
good luck!